Brendan Fraser is a talented actor who has made a name for himself in the entertainment industry over the last three decades.
Recently, he was recognized for his hard work with an Oscar win. What many don’t know is that he underwent a dramatic weight gain transformation to achieve his current level of health.
By implementing a strict workout and diet plan, Fraser was able to reach his fitness goals and feel better than ever before.
If you’re interested in learning more about his journey and how you can also achieve a healthy lifestyle, keep reading.
Brendan Fraser Body Stats
- Height – 6 ft 3 inch
- Weight – 85+ kg
- Age – 54 years
- Chest – 44-47 inch
- Waist – 36-39 inch
- Biceps – 16-18 inch
Brendan Fraser Workout Routine
Brendan Fraser is widely recognized for his ability to transform himself for film roles, and his latest role in ‘The Whale’ was no exception.
To portray his character, Fraser gained weight and wore prosthetics to appear as a 270 kg man. However, despite his dedication to the part, Fraser was looking healthier at the Oscars than he did during filming.
While it is unclear what specific measures he took to achieve this, it appears that Fraser is focusing on staying active and may have stopped overeating.
Regardless of his methods, it’s clear that Fraser continues to impress audiences with his incredible transformations on the big screen.
- Bench press (5 sets of 8 reps)
- Squats (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Pull-ups (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Push-ups (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Deadlifts (2 sets of 15 reps)
- Shoulder Press (4 sets of 8 reps)
- Bicep Curls with Dumbells (3 Sets x 10 Reps each arm )
- Lunges with Dumbells in hands( 3 Sets x 10 Rep )
- Triceps Extension With Barbell/Cable Machine( 4 Set x 12 Reps )
- Plank Hold for 30 secs.
Rest Day or do some light cardio like walking.
- Push Press with dumbbells/Barbell( 4 Sets Of 8 Reps )
- Close Grip BenchPress( 3 Sets Of 8 Reps )
- Seated Cable Rows( 3 Sets X12Reps )
- Alternating Reverse Lunges With Dumbell In Each Hand
- Bicycle Crunches For Abs.
- Wall Sit for 1 Min.
- Squats ( 3 Sets Of 10 Reps )
- Shoulder Press With Dumbells( 4 Sets X 8 Reps Each Arm )
- Cable Lat Pull Downs( 3 sets x 12 reps )
- Bent Over Rows with Barbell/Dumbells(3 sets x12 reps )
- Glute Bridges For Glutes.
Saturday: Rest day or Do some light cardio like Swimming.
Sunday: Rest Day Or Cross Training Like Playing Basketball, Badminton Etc.
Brendan Fraser’s Diet Plan
Brendan Fraser is widely known for going to great lengths when it comes to dieting. In the past, he has resorted to a strict plan that completely removed carbohydrates and even caused him to skip meals altogether.
However, this seemingly drastic approach proved to have negative consequences for his mental agility, with Fraser once forgetting his pin number while using an ATM.
As he gears up for his role in ‘The Whale’, it remains unclear whether he will adopt a similar extreme approach to gain weight. Regardless, it is clear that Fraser is dedicated to his craft and willing to go to lengths to achieve his desired results.
One key factor in his diet plan is limiting his food intake to three meals a day. However, this alone may not be enough, as staying active is also crucial.
For those wanting to start a diet, a three-course meal that includes healthy options for all food groups can be a great starting point.
To ensure the most effective results, it may also be beneficial to seek the guidance of a professional nutritionist who can help create a personalized diet plan.
With dedication and commitment, like Brendan Fraser, anyone can achieve their desired weight loss goals healthily and sustainably.
Sample meal plans for Brendan Fraser’s diet plan:
- A bowl of oatmeal with almonds, walnuts, and blueberries
- Whole wheat toast with almond butter and banana slices
- Green smoothie made with spinach, avocado, mango & pineapple
- Poached egg on top of a bed of roasted vegetables
- A quinoa and black bean burrito with mixed veggies and guacamole
- A Mediterranean-style bowl filled with chickpeas, roasted vegetables, feta cheese, cucumber slices & olives with tzatziki sauce
- Grilled chicken breast served over a bed of greens topped with sun-dried tomatoes & feta cheese
- A wrap filled with hummus, grilled vegetables & feta cheese.
- Grilled salmon served over a bed of quinoa & sautéed kale.
- Roasted sweet potato wedges served alongside grilled asparagus and a poached egg.
- Veggie burger on whole wheat bun topped with lettuce, tomato slices & red onion rings.
- Stir fry containing tofu, mushrooms, bell peppers, and carrots in a teriyaki sauce.